|Real Name||Kenji Kosey-Hudson|
|Aliases||Manx, Sargent Major Hudson, Hudson|
|Relatives||Bastet (mother, deceased), Yoshimitsu Yamaguchi (father, deceased), Henry Hudson (adopted father, deceased), Allison Hudson (adopted mother, deceased), Vincent Hudson (adopted brother)|
|Base of Operations||Mobile|
|Occupation||Master samurai warrior, adventurer, spy, government operative, mercenary, soldier,|
|Education||Egyptian Army, PhD's in World History and Anthropology from Cambridge University|
|Place of Birth||Cairo, Egypt|
|Creator||John F. Allen|
|First Appearance||The God Killers (Novel) 2013|
Kenji Kosey-Hudson was born to the Egyptian Cat goddess, Bast (who at the time was living as a human) and the Bakeneko(Japanese werecat), oyabun of the Yamaguchi Clan named Yoshimitsu Yamaguchi around 1920 near Cairo. Hudson spent his first three years in Egypt with his mother, until she mysteriously disappeared and he was sent to Japan to live with his father. While living in Japan, he trained with his father in the Japanese martial arts and weapons under the samurai traditions. Yamaguchi attempted to disassociate himself with the yakuza's criminal elements and forge a new life as a honest and respected businessman, as a legacy to pass on to Kenji.
Yamaguchi sent Kenji off to England at age fifteen so that he could be away from Japan as tensions were sure to escalate between him and the rival clans. He boarded with a wealthy couple named Henry and Allison Hudson, who were friends of Yamaguchi. The Hudsons had a young adult son named Vincent Hudson, who resented Kenji's intrusion into his family and used every opportunity to make his life a living hell.
Meanwhile Kenuochi Nishikawa, oyabun of the Nishikawa Clan wanted to claim the territory of Yamaguchi and tried to force him out, which would leave him penniless. However, Yamaguchi refused to give in to Nishikawa's threats. Nishikawa was angered and hired a Neo-Human named Amaratsu Kuramoto to assassinate Yamaguchi.
The Nishikawa Clan vowed to end the Yamaguchi bloodline and contracted Kuramoto to assassinate Kenji as well. Kenji got word of his father's death and assumed it was yakuza related. His foster family had taken a liking to him and for his protection, adopted him and gave him their name.
Kuramoto never stopped seeking Kenji and tracked him to the United Kingdom. Out of spite and jealousy, Vincent assisted Kuramoto in his mission to kill Hudson. One evening while the Hudsons hosted a charitable event at their family estate on the Isle of Man, Kuramoto descended upon the family and killed them all in cold blood.
Unbeknownst to Kuramoto, Kenji's maternal Progeny genes activated upon his death and he was later resurrected. Alone and confused with a fragmented memory, Kenji encountered an Egyptian man named Memhet Kosey, who claimed to be a friend of his mother. Kosey took Kenji back to Cairo and related the details of who his mother was and why he didn't stay dead like his foster parents.
As time progressed, under Kosey's tutelege, Hudson began to develop his preternatural abilities. His body began to undergo radical changes and he displayed an enhanced healing factor, strength, speed and agility. His senses had become heightened to an animal-like degree. Kosey trained Kenji in the ancient Egyptian fighting arts of Aha Kemet and Tahtib and the West African art of Dambe. Hudson incorporated his newly developed skills with his mastery of the Japanese arts to create a unique fighting discipline.
Hudson eventually returned to the UK to earn his Phd's in World History and Anthropology before he enlisted in the Egyptian Military. He was then recruited by G.E.N.E.S.I.S. Director Elijah Bishop to serve as an independent operative. His relationship with Bishop is tenuous at best, although both men regard each other with an unspoken level of mutual respect.
Manx possesses a strong sense of personal honor. He also has a feral, animalistic nature. He is known as one of the most fearless, brave, and dangerous men in the world, according to Elijah Bishop. There are very few allies Manx truly trusts, which include: Minx (Anastasia Sapir), Knight Ranger (Captain Alexandre "Neal" Du Bois), and Veronica Gispaldi, deputy director of G.E.N.E.S.I.S.
Hudson's love interests include, Anastasia Sapir and CCC.
Powers and Abilities
- Progeny/Preternatural Physiology: Manx is a Neo-Progeny/Preternatural hybrid (a rarity so uncommon that he is the only one ever known) who possesses the god-like physiology of a Progeny and the shape-shifting abilities of a preternatural.
- Immortality: Hudson is naturally immortal and once he reached the age of forty, stopped aging. Due to his accelerated Progeny healing factor, short of decapitation and incineration, he cannot die.
- Superhumanly Acute Senses: Manx possesses superhumanly acute senses that are comparable to those of certain animals. He can see at far greater distances, with perfect clarity, than an ordinary human. He retains this same level of clarity even in near total darkness. His hearing is enhanced in a similar manner, allowing him to detect sounds ordinary humans couldn't hear at greater distances. He is able to recognize people and objects by scent, even if they are well hidden. He can also track a target by scent, even if the scent has been greatly eroded by time and weather factors, with an extraordinary degree of success. Manx can also use his keen sense of smell to detect lies due to chemical changes within a person's body odor. These senses stem from, at least partially, his constant cellular regeneration.
- Superhuman Stamina: Hudson's advanced musculature produces considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than any ordinary human, due in large part to the effects of his Neo-Progeny healing factor. He can exert himself at peak capacity for at least 24 hours before the build up of fatigue toxins began to impair him. His lung capacity is twice peak human level enabling him to hold breath for up to 15 minutes under water. Because of his immortality/healing factor, he can't drown, but instead after 15 minutes go into a deathlike state of suspended animation, until exposed to a breathable atmosphere once again.
- Superhuman Durability: Hudson possess superhuman durability which makes it extremely difficult to injure him. Although he can be injured, most conventional weapons made from conventional materials could not mortally wound him.
- Superhuman Speed: Hudson is able to move at superhuman speeds. He has the ability to attack faster than the human eye can follow.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Hudson's reflexes are far superior to those of any human. His reaction time is at least three times that of a normal human who is in peak physical condition.
- Superhuman Strength: Manx has superhuman strength and due to his hybrid physiology, is stronger than the average Neo-Human and preternatural. He can lift/press up to 3 tons normally, but when in his beastmode, he can lift up to 30 tons.
- Insulated Weather Adaptation: Manx' body is highly resistant to certain elemental extremes, particularly cold, to the extent that he can sleep nude in subarctic conditions with no apparent injury. This is partially due to the coat of hair, which involutarily extends, to cover his body like animal fur when necessary.
- Animal Empathy: Manx has the ability to sense the emotional state of animals on a basic level such as fear, anger, happiness or pain. He can even communicate with them to make the animal aware of his actions and or his intent. This is most prevalent with felines of any species.
- Animalistic Nature: Hudson possesses an animalistic nature which sets him apart from both humans and preternaturals. Because of it, he tends to have a feral streak which is exacerbated when he is angry and even more so when he is in Beast Mode.
- Beast Mode: When Hudson becomes angry he enters into an animal rage he calls "Beast Mode". While in this feral state, his strength increases ten fold (for short periods of time) and makes him even more dangerous than normal. His healing factor is increased while in "Beast Mode" which makes him nearly invulnerable for a short time, but also makes him extremely vulnerable afterwards.
- Enhanced Healing Factor: Manx can fully heal from injuries in minutes, hours or days that would take normal humans weeks, months or years to recover from. While his recovery time is extremely accelerated, it is based on the severity of the injury and not always instant. He is able to regenerate/heal much more rapidly by slipping into a deep sleeplike, catatonic state which exacerbates the effect. Also, he is immune to all known human diseases and highly resistant to all manner of known poisons. However, concentrated doses of poison can effect him similarly to a normal human if administered directly into his bloodstream.
- Enhanced Claws and Teeth: Manx can shapeshift like an other Alpha lycan, but his claws and teeth are extremely more dense than any other lycan with the exception of perhaps Remus. His claws and teeth are capable of easily tearing through 9 inch titanium steel plate.
- Enhanced Agility: Manx possesses accutely enhanced agility. Kenji was born with reinforced mineral deposits around his spine and skull—a genetic mutation, much like that of his namesake the Manx. This genetic anomaly gives him a virtually indestructible spine, meaning he is virtually incapable of brain injuries, decapitation or sustaining injuries resulting in paralysis. His agility and physical coordination are enhanced to an extent that far surpasses that of human capabilities. Kenji’s agility makes him capable of dodging bullets from a handgun and the ability to jump extremely high, while always landing on his feet. Kenji’s field uniform is designed to afford him maximum flexibility and movement, and also keeps him protected from cold and dampness, while being fire/flame retardant and insulated from low level electricity. It provides him with minimal protection from weapons or blows however it doesn’t provide good protection from direct energy attacks. The Manx is considered to be one of the greatest fighters in the Ivoryverse, on par with:
- Shadow Rook
- Black Dragonfly
- Knight Ranger
Master Tactician: Though at times he appears roguish and thuggish, Manx is extremely intelligent and well versed in strategy and military tactics. He is immersed in the teachings of Miyomoto Musashi and Sun Tzu.
Master Martial Artist: Due to his extensive training as a soldier with the Egyptian Army, a MI6 operative, a samurai warrior and an independant operative with G.E.N.E.S.I.S. His extraordinary hand-to-hand combat ability makes him one of the finest combatants on Earth. Manx is a master of several forms of martial arts including:
- Tiger Claw Kung Fu
- Brazilian Ju-Jitsu
He doesn’t fight strictly using these disciplines, yet employs an amalgam of them he has worked into the creation of his own style of fighting which is characteristic of a cat. Hudson is considered one of the most dangerous fighters on Earth. Due to his abilities and the extensive training he received from his years in the Egyptian military and as an agent for G.E.N.E.S.I.S., he is a virtual living weapon.
- Expert Marksman: Hudson is an expert marksman skilled in a variety of throwing weapons and various firearms.
- Expert Swordsman: Hudson is Master of Kenjutsu, the art of Japanese sword fighting.
- Skilled Acrobat: Hudson is highly skilled in gymnastics, acrobatics and aerial manuevers.
- Advanced Covert Ops Expert: Due to his experience traveling the world and working for various government agencies such as: Egyptian Army, French Foreign Legion and G.E.N.E.S.I.S., Hudson is also a trained expert in multiple types of weapons, vehicles, computer systems, explosives, and assassination techniques.
- Multi-lingual: A polyglot; Manx is fluent in many languages including English, Arabic, Farsi, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Cheyenne, Vietnamese, Korean, Lakota, Spanish, French, German, Italian and Swahili.
- Sensory Manipulation: Hudson's heightened senses can be taken advantage of by ultra-high frequency sonics, odor overload, etc...
- Beast Mode After Effect: When Hudson's "Beast Mode" is depleted, he is extremely weakened and is more susceptible to injury.
- Decapitation/Severe Spinal Damage: Hudson can be killed if his head becomes separated from his body, causing his brain to be unable to send signals to the section(s) of his body that needs healing. This could likely only be achieved with an extremely powerful energy weapon or a bladed weapon forged from Ogundium or a similarly dense metal.
- Incineration: If Hudson's body is reduced to ash within thirty seconds, he would be unable to heal from such an injury.
- Ogundium forged weapons: The alloy Ogudium is extremely dense and possesses properties which can interfere with Hudson's healing factor and poison his bloodstream.
- God Particle Disruptor Technology: Weapons utilizing God Particle Disruption Technology can possibly cause damage to his molecular structure faster than he can heal. If this occurs, he would die with prolonged exposure.
- GENESIS Stones: The power of a GENESIS Stone can effect Hudson in various ways from diminishing his healing factor to disrupting his senses in such a way that would disorient him and leave him vulnerable.
- Absence of breathable oxygen: Despite his immortality, if Hudson is deprived of a breathable atmosphere for longer than an hour, he will weaken and fall into a catatonic state, renderng him ineffective.
- Highly Concentrated Poison: If highly concentrated doses of poison is introduced into his bloodstream, it can paralyze him as his healing factor cannot fight it off fast enough.